The Enhanced Primary Care Contract includes two main elements:
- Out of Hospital Services
- Population Health Management
Out of Hospital Services
Hammersmith and Fulham GP Federation has a contract with Hammersmith and Fulham Clinical Commissioning Group to ensure delivery of a wide range of services that have historically been provided in hospital. The provision of these services by trained clinicians in GP practices ensures greater accessibility and convenience for you.
These services include:
- ABPM (Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring)
- Warfarin Monitoring & Advanced Monitoring
- Wound Care
- Non Diabetic Hyperglycemia
- ECG (Electrocardiogram)
- Homeless services
- Near Patient Monitoring
- Phlebotomy (taking blood)
- Ring Pessary
- Mental Health services
All 29 GP practices in Hammersmith and Fulham provide all or some of the above services. Where a practice does not provide a specific service, you will still be able to receive it from a neighbouring practice in Hammersmith and Fulham.
For more information, please click here or speak to your GP practice.
Population Health Management
Hammersmith and Fulham serves a population of 260,000 registered patients, representing a GP membership of 29 practices, arranged into 3 GP networks. The GP Networks ultimately provide a clinical forum and serve to enable the sharing of best practice, discuss how they can improve the quality of the services and deliver these services at scale.
Hammersmith and Fulham Clinical Commissioning Group has recently contracted with all Hammersmith and Fulham GP practices to work collaboratively with neighbouring surgeries in order to improve the health of their local population. Hammersmith and Fulham GP Federation has a key role in supporting the GP Networks to come together to achieve better health outcomes for their patients through:
- Identifying and supporting the needs of General Practices
- Supporting the delivery of the out-of-hospital services and ensuring that all patients are able to access all services available
- Specialist clinical support to improve the quality of services
- Reviewing population health across a range of disease areas and helping GP Networks to create a plan to address health inequalities in their network
The Hammersmith & Fulham GP Federation's Clinical Governance team supports practices with quality improvement activities to ensure the quality and safety of the services they deliver. This includes performing clinical audits, monitoring safety and quality indicators, supporting practices to analyse incidents and significant events, sharing learning amongst GP practices, and supporting clinical staff.