The Macmillan Competency Framework for Nurses (MCFN)
The Macmillan Competency Framework for Nurses (MCFN) is designed for use by UK registered nurses supporting people living with and affected by cancer in any adult care setting, regardless of their primary specialty.
To view and download the updated competence framework for all UK nurses involved in the care of adults living with and beyond cancer please click HERE.
Macmillan Funded Courses
In addition to the online resources, Macmillan's geographical L&D teams also provide free face-to-face courses and events for both Macmillan and non Macmillan Health and Social Care professionals locally.
Click HERE to find resources, information and support to help health and social care professionals in their role.
Impact of COVID-19 on Black and Asian Minority Ethnic BAME Communities.
This report will provide you with recommendation about:
- data collection,
- participatory research,
- experience of services,
- occupational risk assessment,
- culturally competent campaigns,
- effective health promotion.
- recovery and wider determinants of health.
Please download here.
Career development portal
A new careers platform that HEE have developed with Abintegro.
The platform will be beneficial to those in support worker roles who may consider applying for a Nursing Associate role in the future, and for those currently on programme.
Some benefits of the platform:
- Provides detailed information about the NA role and links to the NHS websites where they can learn more
- Provides access to numerous e-learning materials/videos/podcasts on important subjects such as coping with unprecedented change and developing resilience, among others
- Offers a reflective journal tool to support aspiring and current TNA’s through their journey and offers helpful tips and guidance
- Offers IT Skills support
- Offers wellbeing and mental health support
- Encourages users to complete quizzes which help them learn about their working style, and supports effective communication with colleagues
Full details on how individuals can sign up are included in the attached.
If you as a Lead or Educator would like access to the platform to see what learners will see, just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set you up with an account.
As we only have access to the platform for a limited amount of time, we are encouraging early sign-up so users can make the most of the resources available.
in this Issue:
The NHS Says ‘Help Us Help You’
Guidance on Accessing Dental Care from 8th June
Covid-19 Impact on Disabled and Older People
Local Community Response to Covid-19
Local Trust Rated ‘Good’ by the CQC
Temporary Closure of St Charles Urgent Care Centre
An Innovative Approach in Covid-19 Care
Community Champions Project
New Community Website Launched!