GP - 6 sessions a week (negotiable)
Fulham Medical Centre - 446 Fulham Road, SW6 1BG
We are a long-standing and popular GP Practice located in the centre of Fulham. We have an enthusiastic practice team comprising of 2 full time GPs, and 2 part time GPs, 1 Practice Nurse, a Health Care Support Worker, and a clinical pharmacist.
We are seeking a GP to work 6 sessions a week (negotiable).
The post-holder will:
- Manage a caseload and deal with a wide range of health needs in a primary care setting, ensuring the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients
- In accordance with the practice timetable, as agreed, the post-holder will make themselves available to undertake a variety of duties, including surgery consultations, telephone consultations and queries, visiting patients at home, checking and signing repeat prescriptions and dealing with queries, paperwork and correspondence in a timely fashion
- Making professional, autonomous decisions in relation to presenting problems, whether self-referred or referred from other healthcare workers within the organisation
- Assessing the healthcare needs of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems
- Screening patients for disease risk factors and early signs of illness
- Developing care plans for health in consultation with patients and in line with current practice disease management protocols
- Providing and counselling and health education
- Admitting or discharging patients to and from the caseload and referring to other care providers as appropriate
- Record clear and contemporaneous consultation notes to agreed standards
- Collecting data for audit purposes
- Compiling and issuing computer-generated acute and repeat prescriptions (avoiding hand-written prescriptions where possible)
- Prescribing in accordance with the practice prescribing formulary (or generically) whenever this is clinically appropriate
- In general, the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care
- Ideally, be able to integrate into our happy, friendly team seamlessly.
For more information about the role, please contact: Margaret Ashraf - Practice Manager
Tel: 0207 385 6001