- To deliver face to face and telephone remote services which will enable patients to obtain health advice
- Provide input in the practice’s fulfilment of the Quality Outcomes Framework and local Schemes.
- Chronic disease management: Respiratory Disease (Asthma/COPD), Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease
- Assist in/perform routine tasks related to patient care as directed GPs
- Wound care and Removal of Sutures
- Travel Health
- Ear syringing
- Routine imms / Childhood imms
- Other tasks will include Maintaining and cleaning equipment used by GPs
- Maintain general tidiness, infection control and cleanliness of nurses and treatment rooms, including stocking and rotating items as required
- Ordering of vaccinations to maintain stock levels
- Ordering equipment for the clinical team as required.
- Attend and participate in any Practice meetings when required.
- Management/Clinical split will be flexible to meet the clinical needs of the service.
Essential Qualifications: Registered General Nurse with evidence of current NMC registration.
- Experience in General practice.
Job Type: Negotiable
Salary to be discussed going by experience.
Please contact Margaret Ashraf at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Recruiting GP Nurses just got easier
A new NHS website makes it easier for practices to attract high quality candidates for general practice nursing roles. https://gpnursing.jobs.nhs.uk/ interlocks with NHS Jobs and collates vacancies even if they have different job titles. Users can search for GPN, ANP, ACP, nurse associate and health care support workers.
The site also includes information about GP Nursing training and careers.