Palace Surgery currently have a vacancy at our GP practice part-time Receptionist/Administrator.
Palace Surgery are seeking a motivated and hard-working individual with excellent communication skills to be part of our friendly and busy reception team.
The successful candidate is expected to play an important role in supporting our friendly and well established primary care team to ensure ongoing assistance and support to patients and visitors to the practice.
The core duties will include:
- Answering telephone calls
- Booking and rescheduling appointments
- Dealing with queries from patients and other organisations
- Registering new patients
- Typing referral letters on instructions
The successful applicant should possess the following:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good IT skills and familiarity with use of Word
- Friendly and flexible manner
The following would be extremely beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of System One clinical system
- Previous experience of working in a GP surgery
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Working Hours: 20 hours per week – Times to be agreed
For further information please contact Mr Billy Awan (Practice Manager) on: firstname.lastname@example.org – If interested please email your CV with a covering note to email@example.com
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures.
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Scanning letters and processing letters onto patients medical notes
- Fax and photocopy as requested
- Receiving patients consulting with members of practice team
- Be able to cover all reception position as necessary
- Have working knowledge of telephone system, during hours
- Process appointment requests for today and future appointments from patients by telephone and in person.
- Deal with visits requests
- Registrations of new patients – computer data entry and medical records.
- Process patients change of address – computer data and medical records (have knowledge of practice area.
- Process repeat prescription request in accordance with practice guidelines.
Salary is negotiable depending experience.